On the 11th of September 2019, MATLAB R2019b was released. There are countless new features and 2 new products from MathWorks: ROS Toolbox and Navigation Toolbox. This article will go over VersionBay’s favorite features in MATLAB and Simulink.
To make this entry as useful as possible VersionBay nominated 4 features for each of the following groups of MATLAB users: Newbies, Casual Users, Proficient Users
- Newbies: people who are just starting to use MATLAB.
- Casual Users: they use MATLAB every now and again.
- Proficient Users: people who use MATLAB on a regular basis, e.g. at least 3 times per week.
- Developers: they use MATLAB to develop tools on top of MATLAB to make the organization/community more productive.
Top features for Newbies
- Live Editor Tasks: Add interactive tasks to live scripts to explore parameters and automatically generate code.
- Bar Charts: Create bar charts with improvements for stacking and locating the tips of bars.
timetableData Types: Variable names can have any characters, including spaces and non-ASCII characters.
- Geographic Plots: Create plots with improved
Top features for Casual Users
legendFunction: Create unlimited legend entries and specify categorical arrays.
- Bluetooth Low Energy Interface: Support for scanning and interacting with peripheral devices.
nexttileFunctions: Create configurable layouts of plots in a figure.
- Simulink Toolstrip: Access and discover Simulink capabilities when you need them.
Top features for Proficient Users
- Function Input Arguments: Declare function input arguments to restrict values.
- Hexadecimal and Binary Numbers: Specify numbers using hexadecimal and binary literals.
- Live Editor Debugging: Set breakpoints for anonymous functions.
- Subsystem Reference: Save subsystem contents in a file that you can reference in a model.
Top features for Developers
- Performance Testing Framework: Visually compare
- Suggested Corrections: Correct errors with two new classes.
- Blockset Designer: Streamline the process of
blocksetauthoring and file management.