Make the most of your MATLAB investment
MATLAB does continue to deliver fantastic new features, however, some of them are disruptive and are not backward compatible. This is a common approach in many software programs and the decision on when to leverage these new features is not so easy.
- Sometimes features are released but don’t meet organizations requirements completely
- Multiple workarounds may be needed when new features are used too soon
- It can be a large investment to have a full-time person dedicated to analyzing MathWorks toolchain changes
Examples of Advancing Code
- App Designer instead of GUIDE
- Tables instead of cell arrays or structures
- Strings instead of character arrays
- Leveraging a new Toolbox instead of maintaining in-house built tools
Above and beyond using latest features, there is the possibility of refactoring the code to make it easier to read, maintain and reuse.
VersionBay proposes Advance as a service to help improve your MATLAB Code.