- Exploring the New Features in Pandas 2.1.0: A Deep DivePandas, the popular Python library for data manipulation and analysis, has recently released version 2.1.0 in August 2023. This release brings several exciting changes and enhancements that will surely pique the interest of data enthusiasts and analysts. In this blog… Read more: Exploring the New Features in Pandas 2.1.0: A Deep Dive
- Learn Julia Programming: A Comprehensive Guide for BeginnersIntroduction Are you a programmer or data scientist looking to expand your skill set? Julia, a high-performance programming language for technical computing, might be the perfect addition to your toolbox. In this guide, we’ll take you through the basics of… Read more: Learn Julia Programming: A Comprehensive Guide for Beginners
- Enhancing Code Reproducibility in MATLAB: Overcoming Challenges in the MathWorks EcosystemEnsuring the success of any programming language hinges on its ability to facilitate code sharing and result reproduction. This article delves into the intricacies of the MathWorks ecosystem, shedding light on the challenges it poses in these regards, along with… Read more: Enhancing Code Reproducibility in MATLAB: Overcoming Challenges in the MathWorks Ecosystem
- Unveiling the Power of MATLAB Tables: Your Data Science CompanionIn the realm of data manipulation and analysis, MATLAB’s versatility often takes center stage. Yet, amidst the spotlight, a hidden gem awaits: the ‘table’ data type. In an era where Data Science has gained unprecedented traction, Python, with its dynamic… Read more: Unveiling the Power of MATLAB Tables: Your Data Science Companion
- VS Code or MATLAB EditorStreamlining your MATLAB experience has never been easier. With a seamless installation process that eliminates the hassle of environment setup, MATLAB stands as a reliable platform. Upon installation, you gain immediate access to an all-inclusive environment equipped with an editor,… Read more: VS Code or MATLAB Editor
- How to Mock Functions in MATLABThis post discusses how to mock functions in MATLAB. The issue of testing code that depends on external data sources, such as an Excel file or a database, in MATLAB. When the input data from these sources changes, it can… Read more: How to Mock Functions in MATLAB
- Pandas to PolarsThe Python ecosystem is continuously changing. Many people who use Pandas could also benefit from using Polars as a viable alternative which generally speaking is faster. This article will help motivate the transition from Pandas to Polars based on performance.… Read more: Pandas to Polars
- Is Python
that much faster?On the 16th of November 2022, Python 3.11 was released. One of the key highlights is that it is much faster. This article will put that into perspective by analysing Fibonacci algorithm across multiple releases. For this particular case Python… Read more: Is Python<br>3.11 really<br> that much faster?
- MATLAB R2022a & R2022b
Version HighlightsOn the 9th of March 2022 and 14th of September 2022, MATLAB R2022a and R2022b were released. There are countless new features and 7 new products from MathWorks: This article will go over VersionBay’s favorite features in MATLAB. To make… Read more: MATLAB R2022a & R2022b <br>Version Highlights
- VersionBay Academy – Git for MATLAB UsersVersionBay Academy is a collection of courses that VersionBay consultants have taught to teams in person. We believe that a wider audience would also benefit from them. Our first course is called Git for MATLAB users. All of our courses… Read more: VersionBay Academy – Git for MATLAB Users
- C# to Python
Unit Testing with GitLab PipelinesTesting is a fundamental skill that a developer should have when it comes to programming. There are many blog articles on how to best test your code, however, what makes this article special is that it shows the lessons learned by Yogesh Chaudhary, a Python Developer Intern at VersionBay. Yogesh is a… Read more: C# to Python<br>Unit Testing with GitLab Pipelines
- matplotlib 3.4 is out!This article will go over VersionBay’s favorite features in matplotlib 3.4 which was released on the 26th March 2021.
- MATLAB R2020b
Version HighlightsThis article will go over VersionBay’s favorite features in MATLAB.
- Touch BiometrixVisualizing Fingerprints in 3D from Touch Biometrix Revolutionary Fingerprint Sensing Today’s technology users want a convenient and secure means of being identified when using smart technology. Touch Biometrix’s unique fingerprint sensing platform offers the solution. A biometric platform based on… Read more: Touch Biometrix
- Python 3.9 is out!A new version of Python was released on October 5, 2020. This technical article will go over some of the highlights of what is new in Python 3.9 that are interesting if you are an Engineer, Scientist or Quant using… Read more: Python 3.9 is out!
- Improving MATLAB code: Fibonacci exampleThis article will focus on MATLAB Profiler as a tool to help improve MATLAB code.
- Pandas 1.1.0 is out!This article will go over a few highlights of Pandas 1.1.0.
- MATLAB R2020a
Version HighlightsVersionBay’s favorite new features in R2020a.
- Readability vs PerformanceWhat is the best way to calculate the average Height per Gender?
- Simple Pivot Table in PythonA simple pivot table can be done with 1 lines of code with Python and Pandas.